I have to get honest with myself about why I am doing this, what I will do, and how I will do it.
- I will lose things I care deeply about if I don’t.
- I am sick of having to constantly think about being overweight.
- I know there is a fit lady in here whom I’ve never met.
- My extra physical baggage has resulted in a massive, insurmountable blockage in my creative and intellectual brainpower.
- Nothing I’ve done has worked / I’ve done nothing.
- Fifty pounds down in twenty-five weeks. 185 to 135. A real, concrete goal.
- Diligence and focus. Twice daily measuring. Obsessively documenting my intake. Strictly adhering to a temporarily restrictive food situation - the slow-carb solution proposed by Tim Ferris in the 4 Hour Body.
- Being a normal person who will fuck it up once in a while.
- Being okay with that, because no one is perfect, least of all me.
- Starting fresh every day.
- Surrounding myself with positive influence.
- Learning something new every day about how to accomplish my goal, and talking about it.
- Being nice to myself.